Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Support system of the year!

31st of December is the day where the whole world finally agree on something: to be melancholic, grateful yet optimistic all in one shot. If only this mentality can be applied to the rest of 364 days, the world will surely be a better place for you and for me. Plus we get to enjoy the best of pretty much everything: records, books, videos, potato chips, Kate Middleton's dress, you name it.

I'm not being sarcastic, don't take me wrong. The whole concept is great except that I don't know how to map mine. I won't say it was a bad year. No tragedy, family is all together, and most importantly alive enough to type this down. So, no. I have no right to say it was a bad one. In fact I met amazing people and learned so much through the year.  The good cliche bits. 

But to be honest, I just can't sing it loud and romanticise it as the best year of my life with angelic orchestra and cupid playing harp in the background. Maybe more of The Moldy Peaches arrangement, enjoyable and nothing too emotional. Half glass full, this should be a good sign of the best is yet to come. Because there's no downhill at the starting ground. 

Nevertheless, 2014 was a fun year. It's probably the one that I'll understand in 10 years time with lots of "Ooo.." or have a good laugh at. A year that is worth a story though not a trophy. Three hundred and sixty five days of struggles and little wins that pushed my limits to both ends. That never ending first 30 torturous minutes of any physical training that makes you want to die and have no better choice than believing so much in yourself in order to make it out alive.

What I'm trying to say here is..pretty much nothing. I am simply grateful and confused like I have always been. But if, if I  must say one thing, it'll only be:

To friends, family and strangers who have always believe in me even when I don't; that whole chunk of warm and loving humans, I owe you 2014. 








............................................HAPPY LIFE GOES ON!!


No comments: